We advise students to follow the timeline below:
- MCY: choose your track of study (e.g., basic science, clinical research, global health, medical education, narrative & social medicine, population health).
- Early D&I: identify prospective mentors (search for faculty who have mentored students in the past on the Scholarly Opportunities Wikispace).
- 2-3 months before you intend to begin your project: choose your mentor and draft your proposal (see template on the CourseWorks scholarly project page under "Assignments").
- 1-2 months before you intend to begin your project: register for your first scholarly project month on OASIS.
- By the middle of your first scholarly project month: submit your final proposal with mentor approval on CourseWorks for your Track Director's review.
All students in the SPP are invited to meet individually with Dr. Amiel during the Major Clinical Year to discuss their scholarly project goals and the tracks in which they are interested. To schedule a meeting, please open a ticket.