Visiting students are eligible for electives at CUMC if:
- Currently enrolled at one of the following: (1) Ben Gurion University/MSIH, (2) International Exchange Affiliation (must be pre-approved by home school), (3) LCME-accredited school in the US/Canada, (4) Osteopathic school, and (5) Sackler School of Medicine New York Program;
- Currently enrolled in their final year of medical school;
- Have completed core clerkships in Internal Medicine, Surgery, and 2 other specialties (including the elective specialty of which they are applying).
Part A: Eligibility and Elective Preferences
For all electives in our catalog, please apply through OASIS here: https://oasis.cumc.columbia.edu/public/register/index.html. Register as a visiting student under the appropriate level:
- VS Ben Gurion Student
- VS International Student
- VS LCME Student (US/Canada)
- VS Osteopathic Student
- VS Sackler NY Program Student
Follow Steps 1-4 as outlined in OASIS.
Part B: Institutional Review
Once P&S approves your Part A submission, you will receive further instruction to upload required documents. Due to the volume of Part A submissions, please allow 1-2 weeks for Part A to be approved. Decisions will be made 6 weeks prior to start of desired elective month(s).