All schedule changes requested within 4 weeks of the elective start date will be considered an academic emergency, and will require approval from the Senior Associate Dean for Student Affairs. The accepted criteria for requests within 4 weeks are:
- personal emergency of the student;
- faculty not available to provide the course as described;
- urgent academic issue; or
- a change of career plans.
Four weeks prior to a rotation, course directors and coordinators
start to assemble their rosters for the next month. As a courtesy to
faculty, staff, and other students, P&S students must follow the steps below to request any emergency schedule changes.
To add or drop a course within 4 weeks,
- Contact the Senior Associate Dean for Student Affairs to obtain approval to make the schedule change.
- If approved, contact the course director to request permission to add or drop the course (whichever is applicable).
- If approved by both the Dean and Course Director, forward all approvals to email@example.com and request the drop by submitting a ticket using the 'OPEN TICKET: Contact P&S Education' function on the right hand side. **Please include course codes with all requests.