Skip to content

Away Electives: I need a copy of Columbia's Memorandum of Insurance (MOI; liability or malpractice).

If you are applying to away electives, many schools will ask for Proof of Malpractice Insurance. You can provide the MOI below as your documentation. To receive a copy of the most up-to-date Memorandum of Insurance (MOI):

1. Go to
2. Click on the link to access the University’s current MOI (you will need to enter your UNI and password)

The MOI is updated annually for the same amounts of coverage on or slightly before the policy expiration date. If an away institution is requesting an updated MOI, because your rotation technically starts after the policy expires, please have them contact

Feedback and Knowledge Base